Thursday, September 10, 2009

Org Mode and the iPhone

Over at the Org Mode Mailing list, Richard Moreland has a post about a prototype iPhone app for Org Mode. It basically provides an off-line interface to Org Mode that allows viewing of Org files and has a capture facility so that you can make notes for later import into Org. He and Carsten Dominik are still working on the app, which is not yet even at the beta stage, but they do have a teaser video of it running in the iPhone simulator.

I can't wait to get my hands on it. As I've mentioned before, I'm a big fan of Org Mode and use it to plan and run my life. One of the missing pieces has been a way to take notes or capture a TODO on the run. This new app will be much more convenient than emailing myself a note or capturing it on the iPhone note pad.

By the way, if you're an Emacs user and aren't using Org Mode you owe it to yourself to give it a try. If you aren't an Emacs user you may find that Org Mode is a sufficient reason to become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment